Top Stories

Hunger Games Breaking News and Photos

Game of Thrones' Gwendoline Christie Replacing Lily Rabe in 'Hunger Games - Mockingjay Part 2'

Game of Thrones actress Gwendoline Christie has officially replaced Lily Rabe in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2.

The star had to replace Lily as Commander Lyme, who had to drop out because of scheduling issues, Variety reports.

Commander Lyme is one of the leaders of District 13 and hails from District 2. She also previously won the Hunger Games in her day. Lily plays the role in the first part of Mockingjay.

There are still two Hunger Games movies left to be released: part 1 and 2 of Mockingjay, which will be releasing this year in November, and then next year.

ARE YOU EXCITED about this new casting change??

Jennifer Lawrence Returns to 'Mockingjay' Set After Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death

Jennifer Lawrence keeps bundled up as she arrives to the set of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay on Wednesday (February 5) in Atlanta, Ga.

The 23-year-old Oscar nominee is back to work after the sudden and tragic death of Philip Seymour Hoffman, who played Plutarch Heavensbee in the series. Philip passed over the weekend from an apparent drug overdose.

Producers for the series have said that Philip had only one more scene left to film, and it will not effect the release dates of the unreleased films.

In case you missed it, read Jennifer‘s statement mourning Philip‘s loss.

Our continued thoughts are with Philip‘s family, friends, and cast mates past and present during this difficult time.

Also pictured inside: Jennifer leaving set later in the day. More Here! »

jennifer lawrence continues mockingjay filming after philip seymour hoffmans death 01
jennifer lawrence continues mockingjay filming after philip seymour hoffmans death 02
jennifer lawrence continues mockingjay filming after philip seymour hoffmans death 03
jennifer lawrence continues mockingjay filming after philip seymour hoffmans death 04
jennifer lawrence continues mockingjay filming after philip seymour hoffmans death 05

Photos of 'Hunger Games'

Liam Hemsworth Continues 'Mockingjay' Filming After Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death

Liam Hemsworth steps out of a building during a day of filming The Hunger Games: Mockingjay on Tuesday (February 4) in Atlanta, Ga.

The 24-year-old actor stepped into the backseat of a car after a day of hard work on set.

Liam‘s The Hunger Games co-star Philip Seymour Hoffman died from an apparent drug overdose inside his New York City apartment over the weekend.

Philip played the role of Plutarch Heavensbee, and reportedly had only one scene left to film for the series, which has two films left to film. The sequel release dates will not be affected, according to THR.

liam hemsworth mockingjay resumes filming after philip seymour hoffmans death 01
liam hemsworth mockingjay resumes filming after philip seymour hoffmans death 02
liam hemsworth mockingjay resumes filming after philip seymour hoffmans death 03
liam hemsworth mockingjay resumes filming after philip seymour hoffmans death 04
liam hemsworth mockingjay resumes filming after philip seymour hoffmans death 05

Jennifer Lawrence Mourns Death of Philip Seymour Hoffman

Jennifer Lawrence and her The Hunger Games co-stars are mourning the death of their castmate Philip Seymour Hoffman, who was just days away from finishing his work as Plutarch Heavensbee before his untimely death this weekend.

“Words cannot convey the devastating loss we are all feeling right now,” the 23-year-old actress said in a statement (via Us Weekly) released alongside director Francis Lawrence, author Suzanne Collins, and others on behalf of the The Hunger Games. “Philip was a wonderful person and an exceptional talent, and our hearts are breaking. Our deepest condolences go out to his family.”

Philip Seymour Hoffman was a singular talent and one of the most gifted actors of our generation,” Lionsgate, the studio behind the movie, said in a statement. “We’re very fortunate that he graced our Hunger Games family. Losing him in his prime is a tragedy, and we send our deepest condolences to Philip‘s family.”

Make sure to check out reactions from some other The Hunger Games actors as well.

Philip Seymour Hoffman Had 7 Days of Work Left on 'Mockingjay'

Philip Seymour Hoffman was nearly finished working on his role as Plutarch Heavensbee in the two The Hunger Games: Mockingjay films before his untimely and shocking death.

The 46-year-old actor had completed the majority of his work for Mockingjay Part 1 and only had seventh days of filming left to go on Mockingjay Part 2 before his death, according to Deadline.

Philip Seymour Hoffman was a singular talent and one of the most gifted actors of our generation. We’re very fortunate that he graced our Hunger Games family. Losing him in his prime is a tragedy, and we send our deepest condolences to Philip’s family,” Lionsgate said in a statement.

Philip died of an apparent drug overdose on Sunday (February 2) in New York City and cops say that they found him dead with a syringe in his arm and what was possibly heroin nearby.

Philip‘s unfortunate death will not delay the release date for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 and 2, which are scheduled to hit theaters November 21, 2014 and November 20, 2015.

The stars of The Hunger Games franchise have been reacting to his sudden death.

'Hunger Games' Stars React to Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death

Philip Seymour Hoffman‘s shocking death comes right in the middle of filming for his upcoming movies The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Parts 1 and 2.

The 46-year-old actor played the role of Plutarch Heavensbee, the new Head Gamemaker in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire who [SPOILER ALERT] is really working as the leader of the rebellion against the Capitol. His character’s role grows in the next two films while leading the rebellion. We will have to wait and see how the studio proceeds with the movie.

“PSH – I am genuinely shocked, saddened and speechless. A truly wonderful man, with a magical touch. My hero. Thoughts are with his family,” Sam Claflin, who plays Finnick Odair, tweeted.

Click inside to read more reactions from Hunger Games cast members… More Here! »

Liam Hemsworth & Sam Claflin Continue 'Mockingjay' Filming!

Liam Hemsworth is all bundled up while arriving on the set of his highly anticipated movie The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 on Friday (January 31) in Atlanta, Georgia.

The 24-year-old Aussie actor was joined on set by co-star Sam Claflin, who stepped out of a car with a backpack.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Liam Hemsworth

“Just watching Escape from Alcatraz – s’not the same watching it without you Pops @markclaflin,” Sam tweeted the day before.

A few weeks ago, Liam sported a cap while jetting out of LAX Airport.

Mark your calendars, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 hits theaters on Friday, November 21!

10+ pictures inside of Liam Hemsworth and Sam Claflin on the set of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1More Here! »

liam hemsworth sam claflin continue mockingjay filming 01
liam hemsworth sam claflin continue mockingjay filming 02
liam hemsworth sam claflin continue mockingjay filming 03
liam hemsworth sam claflin continue mockingjay filming 04
liam hemsworth sam claflin continue mockingjay filming 05

A Member of Townsquare Entertainment News | Advertise here