- Rosie O’Donnell just shared a very cryptic quote about moving on – US Weekly
- John Stamos will be charged with a DUI – TMZ
- Does Serayah have a boyfriend? – Just Jared Jr
- Felicity co-stars reunite in bed – Entertainment Weekly
- See the new pic of Sandra Bullock and her boyfriend – Lainey Gossip
- Ashley Tisdale debuts a new ‘do! – TooFab
- Did you know Bruno Mars wrote these songs? – MTV
- Lets talk about that Scream Queens reveal – Popsugar
Rosie O Donnell News, Pictures, and Videos
“Heartbreaking on every level,” her rep Cindi Berger told JustJared.com.
In Chelsea‘s interview with The Daily Mail, done about two months after she ran away from home this summer, she says that her mom told her to leave home and that she’s hurt by the things Rosie has said about her in the media.
Chelsea also claims that Rosie wasn’t in the picture while she grew up and that she was raised by nannies instead.
“She told me to leave and take my dog,” the 18-year-old said in an interview with Daily Mail. “Rosie knew I was planning to leave, that’s why I think she kicked me out. She asked me to talk about what was going on and I didn’t want to. So she asked for my phone and my computer. This was hours before she told me to leave. I gave them to her. A few hours later, she told me to leave. I wasn’t planning to go until I turned 18 on the 24th.”
“Putting out there that I am mentally ill was really hurtful. People think I’m this crazy person and as I’ve said, I have depression and bad anxiety – but it’s been something that’s gotten a lot better. But these were personal things and I didn’t want anyone to know them about me. … I wouldn’t say I’m mentally ill – I would say lots of people struggle with what I have,” Chelsea added. “‘I would have liked to have my parents more in the picture raising me instead of nannies – although my nannies are great people.”
Chelsea added she is living with Steven currently. “I guess everyone is putting out there he’s a bad guy from things that happened in the past but he’s not. She’s [Rosie's] texting me as if Steve is keeping me here and not letting me leave, which is not the case. I’m really happy to be here, and happier than I’ve been in years.”
The former Glee co-stars were joined at the event by Debra Messing, Mamie Gummer, Kelly Ripa, Brooke Shields, Clay Aiken, SNL‘s Taran Killam, Nolan Gerard Funk, T.R. Knight, Lance Bass and his love Michael Turchin, Peter Gallagher (whose daughter Kathryn is in the show!), Rosie O’Donnell and her son Blake, and Kathy Najimy with her husband Dan Finnerty.
In case you didn’t know, Jonathan and Jenna both starred in the original Broadway production of the musical. Spring Awakening will only be on Broadway through January 24 – Buy your tickets here!
35+ pictures inside of Jonathan Groff, Jenna Ushkowitz and others at the opening…More Here! »
- Rosie O’Donnell‘s daughter Chelsea has reportedly defended the man she ran away with during his day in court – Radar
- Jared Fogle once mocked To Catch a Predator – Gossip Cop
- Tori Kelly is going on tour – Just Jared Jr
- Sean Astin has the best response to claims that Rudy was offsides – Huffington Post
- Giada De Laurentiis has to pay her ex a lot of money – DListed
- Alessandra Ambrosio forgot to wear a bikini – Hollywood Tuna
- Caitlyn Jenner admits she used to be opposed to gay marriage – Towleroad
The teenager, who just turned 18 years old, went missing for a week and was found at the home of alleged heroin addict Steven Sheerer. Steven was arrested in connection with Chelsea‘s disappearance.
“Chelsea made a decision when she turned 18 that she wanted to go to her birth mother. This was her choice,” Rosie‘s publicist said in a statement to JustJared.com. Chelsea reportedly suffers from mental illness. Rosie will not be making a statement about her daughter’s decision.
The 53-year-old television personality had a strained relationship with her father, which she told CNN’s Piers Morgan back in 2012.
“He had his own issues and demons, he had a very tough childhood, he had an alcoholic, abusive father and never really got the help that I think every person needs when they have lived through that as a child,” Rosie said. “I think that he had a lot of problems to deal with. You get to be 50 years old you can’t still be angry at what your father did in 1970. You have to work it out for yourself and find a place for it in your life and not rehash it forever.”
Rosie has been in the spotlight recently after her daughter Chelsea went missing and was later found with an older man in the Jersey shore region.
Our thoughts are with Rosie and her family during this difficult time.