Mario Lopez has been announced as the host of the upcoming Candy Crush game show being produced at CBS!
The new series will premiere on July 9 and production began today (March 23).
Here is the show’s premise, according to THR: “Teams of two will have to use their wits and physical agility to compete on enormous interactive game boards, which CBS says will feature next-generation technology, as they conquer Candy Crush and are crowned champions.”
Mario is currently the host of Extra and he has previously hosted The X Factor and America’s Best Dance Crew.
“As a player, I am excited to step into the real-life Candy Crush arena,” Mario said in a statement.
Pictured inside: Mario shopping at the Tommy Bahama store in New York City last week.