Top Stories

Anna Wintour Breaking News, Photos, and Videos

Beyonce's Mom Tina Knowles Calls Out American Vogue - Find Out Why

Beyonce‘s mother Tina Knowles is calling out American Vogue and praising British Vogue.

“Kudos to this wonderful Man Mr. Edward Enningful !! Editor of “British Vogue “ for boldly putting our beautiful Activists on the cover !!!,” Tina posted on her Instagram account.

She then added, “When will American Vogue step up and hire more Black Photographers for cover shoots? We’re waiting…….” The post has received much praise in the comments section and many are thanking Tina for speaking out.

Anna Wintour, the editor in chief of American Vogue, recently spoke out about mistakes that have been made at the publication amid calls about lack of diversity.

So far, Anna has not directly responded to Tina Knowles’ sentiment. Stay tuned as we learn more…

Anna Wintour Will Not Be Leaving 'Vogue' or Conde Nast Amid Diversity Scandal

Anna Wintour has been at the middle of a diversity scandal at Conde Nast, where she serves as the publishing brand’s chief creative officer.

The 70-year-old media mogul, who is also the editor-in-chief at Vogue, admitted to “hurtful and intolerant behavior” at the magazine. (You can read what she wrote in her letter to employees here)

Anna reportedly called a meeting with employees on Friday (June 12) and talked about the “actionable changes” that will be made at Conde Nast. The company’s CEO Roger Lynch then held a town hall meeting that Anna was not part of and he talked about her future with the brand, according to Page Six.

There has been speculation about Anna‘s job status and some people have been calling for her to resign. Speaking to rumors that she would be ousted from her job, Lynch reportedly told employees, “There’s no truth to that.”

“The first thing they addressed was Anna’s possible departure. Dannielle Carrig from comms called the reports of her departure a ‘strategic distraction,’” a source told Page Six. “But someone else said, ‘This is what everyone is asking and wanting to know – Why isn’t Anna leaving? Do you endorse her behavior? It’s not just one statement. It’s the way she lives and has always led this organization. A movie was made about her behavior and it was applauded, she did not learn, she has not changed. I find it insulting that you are saying she has learned and changed her behavior’.”

Lynch reportedly said that Wintour will remain on a diversity committee at the company. He said, “I think she can be an incredibly positive force for change. Like I said earlier: Many of us can look back at our history and think of things we should’ve done differently.”

Vogue‘s former creative director Andre Leon Talley recently opened up about his icy relationship with Anna.

Anna Wintour Photo Gallery

Anna Wintour Admits to 'Hurtful, Intolerant' Mistakes at 'Vogue'

Anna Wintour is opening up amid global protests against police brutality and systemic racism in the wake of George Floyd‘s murder.

The 70-year-old editor-in-chief of Vogue spoke to her staff about her behavior in a note, via Page Six on Tuesday (June 9).

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Anna Wintour

The note was sent out last Thursday (June 4), according to the outlet.

“I want to start by acknowledging your feelings and expressing my empathy towards what so many of you are going through: sadness, hurt, and anger too. I want to say this especially to the Black members of our team — I can only imagine what these days have been like. But I also know that the hurt, and violence, and injustice we’re seeing and talking about have been around for a long time. Recognizing it and doing something about it is overdue,” she wrote.

“I want to say plainly that I know Vogue has not found enough ways to elevate and give space to Black editors, writers, photographers, designers and other creators. We have made mistakes too, publishing images or stories that have been hurtful or intolerant. I take full responsibility for those mistakes,” she continued.

“It can’t be easy to be a Black employee at Vogue, and there are too few of you. I know that it is not enough to say we will do better, but we will — and please know that I value your voices and responses as we move forward. I am listening and would like to hear your feedback and your advice if you would like to share either,” she went on to say.

“I am proud of the content we have published on our site over these past few days but I also know that there is much more work to do. Please don’t hesitate to be in touch with me directly. I am arranging ways we can discuss these issues together candidly, but in the meantime, I welcome your thoughts or reactions.”

Anna Wintour recently came under fire regarding her working relationship with this former creative director…

Former Vogue Creative Director Andre Leon Talley Says His Current Relationship With Anna Wintour is 'Icy'

Andre Leon Talley is opening up about his new memoir, “The Chiffon Trenches”, and calling it a love letter to his former boss, Anna Wintour.

The former creative director for Vogue talked to Gayle King on CBS This Morning about the book and what the current status of his relationship with Anna is.

“I think my relationship is in an iceberg with her,” Andre shared. “I hope that it will not be that forever.”

He explained why it was that way, saying that part of the reason for their strained relationship was how he was taken off the Met Gala red carpet as the digital host.

“I understand changes are made in a corporate institution at Vogue, when she decides that I’m no longer working on the carpet for the Met Gala, just call me and say ‘André we’re moving in a new direction, you’ve been wonderful, I love what you’re doing, but now we’re going with the young influencers who know nothing because they have 20 million followers on YouTube.’ Just say it to me. No one had come to say to me why I was taken off the red carpet,” Andre shared.

He also opened up about why he describes the book as a love letter to Anna, when most people would read it as “a vengeful, bitchy tell-all. It is not. My book is in many ways as a love letter to Anna Wintour.”

“This is a painful thing for me, but it is a love letter because it’s a love letter about the joys as well as the lows of my life,” Andre says. “And the joys of my life have been with Anna Wintour.”

“I owe to her the pioneering role that I had of a creative director of Vogue. I was the first black man to ever be named such. I owe that to Anna Wintour. I owe her much. And I think, in turn, I think she owes me…she owes me kindness and simple grace and being decent when things go south.”

If you don’t know, Andre was replaced by Liza Koshy in 2018 and 2019 as the red carpet host.

andre leon talley icy relationship anna wintour 01
andre leon talley icy relationship anna wintour 02
andre leon talley icy relationship anna wintour 03
andre leon talley icy relationship anna wintour 04
andre leon talley icy relationship anna wintour 05

Anna Wintour Names the 1 Person She'd Never Invite Back to Met Gala

Each year, Anna Wintour carefully crafts the guest list for each Met Gala that takes place. Unfortunately, this year’s gala has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus pandemic, with a rescheduled date yet to be determined.

Well, during an appearance on The Late Show with James Corden during a game of “Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts,” James asked Anna a very juicy question.

James asked, “Who would you never invite back to the Met Gala?” Anna risked having to eat a very disgusting dish if she didn’t truthfully answer the question.

Click through the slideshow to see who Anna Wintour named, and see just how many times that person attended the Met Gala in the past…

Vogue's Anna Wintour Will Be Taking a Pay Cut During Pandemic

Conde Nast, the media company that owns magazines like Vogue, GQ, and Vanity Fair, has announced that there will be pay cuts, furloughs, and possible layoffs amid the ongoing health crisis.

Anna Wintour, the longtime editor-in-chief of Vogue, is among the execs who will be taking pay cuts. The New York Times reports that her salary will be cut 20 percent.

Conde Nast employees who make $100,000 or more will have their salaries reduced by 10 to 20 percent for five months. It has been reported that this applies to nearly half of the company.

The Times says that Conde Nast will not directly ask for money from the government, but it will explore “the use of relief programs and stimulus packages in certain regions for furloughed or laid-off employees.”

Met Gala 2020's New Date Is Still Under Discussion

The 2020 Met Gala will not get a new date at this time.

“The timing of the 2020 Met Gala is still under discussion. As we have shared, the Museum will remain closed to the public and staff until July 1, based on what we are hearing from the CDC and city, state, and federal leaders,” Nancy Chilton, the chief external relations officer of the Costume Institute, told The Cut.

The exhibit, “About Time: Fashion and Duration,” which was also the official theme of the gala, has been postponed until October and will run until early February 2021.

Anna Wintour, the organizer of the event, said in a statement to Vogue, “One day that will not arrive on schedule will be the opening of the Costume Institute’s exhibition, About Time. Due to the unavoidable and responsible decision by the Metropolitan Museum to close its doors, About Time, and the opening night gala, will not take place on the date scheduled. In the meantime, we will give you a preview of this extraordinary exhibition in our forthcoming May issue.”