Top Stories

Melissa Benoist Breaking News, Photos, and Videos

Melissa Benoist Gushes Over Being A New Mom to Baby Huxley: 'He's Such a Sweetheart'

Melissa Benoist is love being a new momma!

The 32-year-old Supergirl actress spoke about her newborn son, Huxley Wood, in a brand new interview.

“Oh, man, he’s the best,” Melissa gushed about her son during an Instagram Live video with Congresswoman Karen Bass. “I am loving being a parent. I love being a mom. He’s such a sweetheart.”

She added that Huxley is already “so big and every day I’m, like, crying because he’s gained half an ounce.”

Melissa also opened up about the plans for Huxley‘s first holiday – Halloween.

“We’ll probably watch movies…It’s a bummer we’re not gonna get any trick-or-treaters [amid the coronavirus pandemic], but it’s for a good reason,” she shared.

Melissa and husband Chris Wood welcomed Huxley in last month, and waited a few weeks to announce his arrival.

“Huxley Robert Wood got here a few weeks ago ♥️ and this little boy is everything,” she wrote.

If you missed it, Melissa‘s ex-husband, Blake Jenner, opened up about their past relationship. See what happened here…

Melissa Benoist's Fans Get 'I Stand With Melissa' Trending, Accuse Blake Jenner of Victim Blaming

Melissa Benoist‘s fans are showing their support for the actress after her ex-husband Blake Jenner addressed her allegations of domestic abuse, eleven months after she spoke out.

The 28-year-old Supergirl and Glee actress previously revealed that she’s a survivor of domestic abuse, which she suffered at the hands of a younger partner.

Blake posted an open letter on his Instagram account today (October 8) in which he said that he spent the past 11 months trying to figure out how to respond. He took “full responsibility and accountability for the hurt that” he inflicted, but he also made some serious allegations against Melissa.

Now, Melissa‘s fans are making it clear who they believe and they got #IStandWithMelissa trending on Twitter. At the time of this posting, the trend is number seven on the list of all trends in the United States.

Many fans are accusing Blake of victim blaming for saying that he’s a victim in this situation.

One fan said, “Blake Jenner waited over a year to make a statement only to victim blame Melissa Benoist and make himself look like the real victim? And only a few weeks after she welcomed her newborn? His manipulative and victim blaming ‘apology’ means nothing. #IStandWithMelissa.”

Another fan said, “It’s important to support Melissa now more than ever, with her abuser doing what abusers do best – trying to manipulate and pull sympathy. 6 months later, when he thinks people will have forgotten her initial words. Fuck him. Believe survivors #istandwithmelissa.”

Click inside to read lots of tweets from fans… More Here! »

Blake Jenner Claims Melissa Benoist Assaulted Him in the Shower & Left Him with a Traumatic Injury

Blake Jenner has responded to his ex-wife Melissa Benoist‘s revelation about being the victim of domestic abuse and he confirmed that he was emotionally, mentally, and physically abusive to her. He also has allegations to make against her.

The 28-year-old Glee actor said he has spent the past eleven months trying to decide how to address the allegations. He now says he takes “full responsibility and accountability for the hurt that I inflicted during my relationship with my past partner.”

Back in November 2019, Melissa released a video in which she said she’s a domestic violence survivor and that she suffered months of domestic abuse at the hands of a younger partner.

Blake claims that Melissa was also abusive to him and he made some serious allegations against her, including an incident that he says happened in the shower and left him with a traumatic injury.

Click inside to read what Blake Jenner said in his allegations… More Here! »

Blake Jenner Confirms Melissa Benoist's Domestic Abuse Revelation: 'I Take Full Responsibility'

Blake Jenner is confirming his abuse against ex Melissa Benoist in a lengthy message.

The 28-year-old actor confirmed the story after the 32-year-old actress released an emotional video in November of 2019, in which she revealed she is a domestic violence survivor and she suffered months of domestic abuse at the hands of a younger partner, who is now confirmed to be Blake.

“Over the past eleven months, I have been thinking about how to address a personal situation made public in late-2019. Throughout that time, I reflected on a period in my life that I had previously kept in the darkness out of shame and fear, but I know this is something that needs to be addressed, not just publicly, but also privately with the individual directly affected and with myself,” he wrote.

“When I was 20 years old, I met a woman and we fell in love. I didn’t realize the magnitude of it back then, but in retrospect, as great as the love that was shared between us, the shared brokenness that stemmed from our childhoods proved to be greater. The passion between us would take us both to some of the most joyous highs, but also to moments of jealousy, bouts of insecurity, and volatility. In a way, I think for the both of us, our marriage was a potential for redemption of sorts. Even in those moments where I was determined to leave because it would have been the healthier choice, I felt as though I couldn’t leave when someone I loved was asking me to stay. It was a relationship with a foundation rooted in co-dependency, which had dire consequences. We were both young and left so much of our brokenness to fester for too long,” he continued.

“I take full responsibility and accountability for the hurt that I inflicted during my relationship with my past partner—emotionally, mentally and yes, physically.”

Melissa filed for divorce from Blake in 2016.

Click inside to continue reading the full and very lengthy message…

Melissa Benoist Gives Birth to First Child with Chris Wood!

Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood are parents!

The 31-year-old actress and the 32-year-old actor, who met while working together on Supergirl, have welcomed their first child into the world.

Melissa and Chris both took to Instagram on Friday (September 25) to announce the birth of their son Huxley, who arrived a few weeks ago.

Huxley Robert Wood got here a few weeks ago ♥️ and this little boy is everything,” Melissa captioned a photo on her page.

Chris added, “Our son was born his name is Huxley he’s amazing and no it’s probably none of your business xo brb see you in 18 years.”

Melissa announced her pregnancy back in March and then in May, she opened up about white privilege and how this isn’t the world she wants for her child.

Some sad news was just revealed about the future of Supergirl.

melissa benoist chris wood welcome baby 01
melissa benoist chris wood welcome baby 02
melissa benoist chris wood welcome baby 03
melissa benoist chris wood welcome baby 04
melissa benoist chris wood welcome baby 05

Melissa Benoist Speaks Out After the News That 'Supergirl' Is Ending

Melissa Benoist is opening up about the end of an era.

The 31-year-old actress penned a message on social media on Tuesday (September 22) following the announcement that The CW was ending Supergirl after six seasons.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Melissa Benoist

“To say it has been an honor portraying this iconic character would be a massive understatement. Seeing the incredible impact the show has had on young girls around the world has always left me humbled and speechless,” she wrote.

“She’s had that impact on me, too. She’s taught me strength I didn’t know I had, to find hope in the darkest of places, and that we are stronger when we’re united. What she stands for pushes all of us to be better. She has changed my life for the better, and I’m forever grateful. I’m so excited that we get to plan our conclusion to this amazing journey, and I cannot wait for you to see what we have in store. I promise we’re going to make it one helluva final season. ♥️ el mayarah 💪 @supergirlcw.”

Melissa Benoist recently got candid about her pregnancy, and the state the world. Here’s what she had to say…

'Supergirl' Is Coming to an End at The CW With Season 6

Supergirl is sadly coming to an end.

The CW announced on Tuesday (September 22) that the Arrow spinoff will end with its upcoming sixth season, THR confirmed.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Melissa Benoist

The final season of the Melissa Benoist-led show will consist of 20 episodes, and will premiere sometime in 2021.

The new season of Supergirl is not part of The CW’s schedule in January, and will arrive whenever midseason 2021 is for the network.

“The move was designed to allow production to resume after leading lady Benoist returned from maternity leave,” THR reported.

“The decision to wrap the series arrives a year after The CW parted ways with Arrow, the show that ushered the younger-focused broadcaster into the world of DC Comics and launched a massive franchise. The move also means that The CW, a joint venture between CBS TV Studios and Warner Bros. TV, will say farewell to Supernatural and Supergirl this season.”

Melissa Benoist opened up about the show’s ending in a post.

She also recently got candid about her pregnancy, and the state the world. Here’s what she had to say…