Top Stories

Seth Rogen News, Pictures, and Videos

'The Interview' Facebook & Twitter Accounts Deleted After Movie Release Cancelled

Two social media accounts for The Interview have just been deleted after the film’s release was cancelled by Sony earlier this week.

It is unclear if Sony had made the decision to remove the Facebook and Twitter accounts or if hackers had disabled them themselves.

Before the Facebook account was deleted, the movie had more than 366,000 followers, while the film’s Twitter page (@TheInterview) had 35,100 followers. Currently, the Twitter account says, “@TheInterview hasn’t tweeted yet,” which indicates that the account is inactive.

WHAT DO YOU THINK about the removal of The Interview‘s social media accounts?

Sony Hackers Send Out New Threat After 'The Interview' Pulled

It looks like the Sony hackers aren’t going away just yet!

The unknown hackers, who have been confirmed to be working for North Korea, sent out emails to several Sony employees after the studio decided to cancel the release of their upcoming film The Interview, which starred James Franco and Seth Rogen.

“Now we want you never let the movie released, distributed or leaked in any form of, for instance, DVD or piracy,” the hackers wrote in an email.

The hacker added, “We still have your private and sensitive data and claims that they will ensure the security of your data unless you make additional trouble. And we want everything related to the movie, including its trailers, as well as its full version down from any website hosting them immediately.”

WHAT DO YOU THINK of the latest threats from the Sony hackers?

Photos of 'Seth Rogen'

Seth Rogen Arrives at Sony Studios After Defending 'The Interview' on 'The Colbert Report' (Video)

Seth Rogen makes his way out of a car while arriving at Sony Pictures Studios with a bodyguard on Thursday (December 18) in Culver City, Calif.

That same day, the 32-year-old actor’s pal and Interview costar James Franco was spotted leaving the New Museum on the Bowery before heading to the Park Avenue Armory with friends in New York City.

“We did not think [North Korea] would love the concept of the movie to be totally honest,” Seth recently said on The Colbert Report before the movie and press tour was cancelled. “But more than anything we wanted to make a movie that had one foot in reality. That’s something we as filmmakers like and think is interesting as audience members as well.”

He continued, “I personally think it is appropriate to make jokes about real things. We thought maybe we could inject some slight relevance.”


Seth Rogen Talks The Interview on The Colbert Report

40+ pictures inside of Seth Rogen and James Franco on separate coasts… More Here! »

seth rogen arrives at sony studios after hack the interview 01
seth rogen arrives at sony studios after hack the interview 02
seth rogen arrives at sony studios after hack the interview 03
seth rogen arrives at sony studios after hack the interview 04
seth rogen arrives at sony studios after hack the interview 05

Seth Rogen Travels with New Bodyguard Amid Hackers' Threats

Seth Rogen has his new bodyguard by his side while touching down at LAX Airport on Wednesday evening (December 17) in Los Angeles.

The 32-year-old actor, who held on to his adorable dog in a pet carrier, has a security detail now after the Sony hackers threatened attacks on movie theaters showing his upcoming movie The Interview.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Seth Rogen

Sony ended up canceling the release of the movie, which left many celebrities and Hollywood industry execs upset as the studio seems to be caving into the terrorists’ demands.

seth rogen travels with his bodyguard amid hacker threats 01
seth rogen travels with his bodyguard amid hacker threats 02
seth rogen travels with his bodyguard amid hacker threats 03
seth rogen travels with his bodyguard amid hacker threats 04
seth rogen travels with his bodyguard amid hacker threats 05

'The Interview' Won't Be Available on Video on Demand After Sony Pulled Plug on Theater Release

There is even more bad news for people who want to see The Interview after Sony made the tough decision to pull the film today (December 17).

Earlier in the day, the film was pulled from major theaters following threats from the Sony hackers, which are reportedly being backed by North Korea.

Since the movie release was cancelled, the James Franco and Seth Rogen-starring film will not be available on Video on Demand either.

“Sony Pictures has no further release plans for the film,” Sony said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter.

Celebrities React to Sony Canceling 'The Interview' Release

The cancellation of the planned Christmas Day release of The Interview has sent Twitter abuzz with tons of reactions and celebrities are letting their voices be heard.

Most people seem to be upset that Sony has let the hackers win and cave in to their demands of not releasing the film, which stars James Franco and Seth Rogen.

Some of the celebrities are encouraging their fans to see The Interview once there is a way to do so and others are even giving Sony advice on how they should release.

Make sure to vote in our poll on whether Sony made the right decision or not.

Click inside to read more tweets from celebrities on the cancellation… More Here! »

Sony Officially Cancels 'The Interview' Theatrical Release

Sony has officially decided to cancel the planned theatrical release of The Interview on Christmas Day amid a massive hack of the company’s email system.

“In light of the decision by the majority of our exhibitors not to show the film The Interview, we have decided not to move forward with the planned December 25 theatrical release,” the studio said in a statement. “We respect and understand our partners’ decision and, of course, completely share their paramount interest in the safety of employees and theater-goers.”

Earlier today, AMC, Regal, Cinemark, and other major theaters announced that they would not be showing the film amid threats from the hackers that they would plan 9/11-style attacks on theaters exhibiting the comedy flick starring James Franco and Seth Rogen.

“Sony Pictures has been the victim of an unprecedented criminal assault against our employees, our customers, and our business,” the studio’s statement continued. “Those who attacked us stole our intellectual property, private emails, and sensitive and proprietary material, and sought to destroy our spirit and our morale – all apparently to thwart the release of a movie they did not like. We are deeply saddened at this brazen effort to suppress the distribution of a movie, and in the process do damage to our company, our employees, and the American public. We stand by our filmmakers and their right to free expression and are extremely disappointed by this outcome.”

A Member of Townsquare Entertainment News | Advertise here