- There are some complications with the plans to bring American Idol back to television – TMZ
- Mama June looks like a completely different person after her weight loss – Wetpaint
- The cast of 13 Reasons Why raves about working with Selena Gomez – Just Jared Jr
- Joss Whedon might be going from the Marvel to DC world – Lainey Gossip
- Here are the box office results for Friday – The Hollywood Reporter
American Idol News, Pictures, and Videos
- Find out the latest on the American Idol revival – TMZ
- This TLC star found out she’s dating her cousin – Wetpaint
- Find out what’s happening during the Riverdale finale – Just Jared Jr
- Jodie Sweetin‘s ex has been arrested 3 times in 9 days – DListed
- Ariana Grande looks red hot – Hollywood Tuna
- This entertainer was grilled about his anti-gay remarks – Towleroad
- Could Justin Bieber be going to prison!? – J-14
La’Porsha Renae, who came in second place on the final season of American Idol, is under fire for comments she wrote on Twitter about how she “chose to be heterosexual after being homosexual for 2 years.”
The 23-year-old singer sent out a bunch of tweets after someone accused her of being homophobic.
“Phobia is a fear. I’m not afraid of homosexuals, nor do I hate them. I respect and love EVERYONE,” La’Porsha wrote. “Go educate yourself on my statement and come correct or don’t come at all.”
One Twitter user then wrote to her and said, “you do believe they’re choosing it and that’s wrong I watched my brother grow up gay he was born that way.”
“You’re wrong to think it’s not a choice for some….because it was for me. #Truth,” La’Porsha responded. “And the bigger picture of my statement was that homosexuals should be loved and respected, not dehumanized…not whether/not it was a choice.”
Click inside to read all of the tweets… More Here! »
American Idol may be coming back sooner than you think.
NBC is reportedly in talks to revive the show, according to Variety.
The network was pitched a reboot and its trying to figure out how to fit the singing competition into the schedule.
One of the alleged options is to cut The Voice from two seasons a year to one.
No official deal has been made yet.
In case you don’t remember, Idol ran from 2002-2016 on Fox.
TELL JJ: Do you want to see American Idol come back this soon?
The 38-year-old entertainer has gone on to have a successful career on Broadway and he’s currently starring in the new musical In Transit.
“I think my life would have gone differently had I won,” Justin told People. “I was not ready, and I was just naive. I believed I was going to work hard and people would take care of me — and that’s not how the business works. You have to create your own brand and be the loudest trumpet for yourself. There’s a way you can do it with grace and class, but I don’t know if I would have learned those things had Idol gone differently.”
Click inside to read what else Justin Guarini said on the subject… More Here! »
The guys sang the holiday classic “This Christmas” during an appearance on The View on Thursday morning (December 15) in New York City.
Clay and Ruben said that they speak to each other on FaceTime at least once a week and they didn’t rule out the possibility of getting into the studio together again one day.
Watch the full performance video below!
Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard Perform “This Christmas” on ‘The View’
You may remember back in February, Kelly Clarkson broke down while singing her song “Piece By Piece” on American Idol while she was eight months pregnant. The song had the whole audience in tears – including the judges.
“SO EXCITING!! Can’t believe it?! So honored to be nominated with such a talented group of artists! #grammys2017 #piecebypiecelive,” Kelly wrote on Twitter, reacting to the news that the live performance was nominated in the Best Pop Solo Performance category.
Relive the amazing performance below!