Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has shared the devastating news that he had to put his new puppy Brutus to sleep.
You might remember that just three weeks ago, the 43-year-old actor jumped in his pool fully clothed to save the puppy from drowning. Dwayne adopted little Brutus along with his brother Hobbs earlier this month.
“Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed,” Dwayne wrote on Instagram. “At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and [my girlfriend Lauren Hashian] had to make the painful decision to end Brutus‘ suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil’ paw as he was finally at peace.”
“As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return,” Dwayne continued. “I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil’ family members.”
“We’ll always love you Brutus.. and you’ll always be my lil’ main man and rough housing Brute,” Dwayne concluded his note. “#RIPBrutus #WishICouldveSavedYouOneMoreTime.”